Caring for the Community Program Race Day Recipients 2019-2020
DSAMP Disabled Surfers Association Mornington Peninsula
A group of volunteers, including surfers, non-surfers, people with disabilities, carers and community minded individuals formed a committee and established our Mornington Peninsula branch of the DSAA in November 2011.
This is the 15th branch of the DSAA which started in NSW in 1986 originally to enable injured surfers to get back into surfing; however, within a short time it was realised that it should be open to anyone with a disability.
Our function is to provide a safe surfing experience for people with a disability, giving them access to what we take for granted.
We put “Smiles on Dials” of participants and volunteers alike; the community involvement and the response of the participants and families on event days guarantee it.
Also, we are involved in improving beach access and facilities for people with a disability at beaches on the Mornington Peninsula.
THESE CHARITIES RECEIVED $1,000 FROM THE BPRC IN 2018-2019
Caring for the Community
Balnarring Picnic Racing Club under our “Caring for the Community Programme“ sets aside an amount of money every racing season to be distributed amongst Charity and Community groups which demonstrate the need for assistance, and which otherwise may not have the exposure to command widespread community support.
The following criteria apply to those groups seeking a grant:
- Recipients should demonstrate a commitment to diversity, cultural awareness and good governance practices.
- Preference will be given to organisations that operate in the Mornington Peninsula area however this does not preclude other organisations from applying.
- Grants will not be made to the same organisation in two consecutive years.
- Retrospective funding for projects that have already commenced will not qualify.
- Grants will not be made to individuals for personal or family benefit.
- Grants will not be made to political parties.
- Recipients must agree to the publication by the Club of their successful application.
- Applications should be lodged at email@example.com by no later than 30 April each year and successful applicants will be notified after the Club’s Annual General Meeting which is normally held in September.