Entry Terms & Conditions.
By entering the Emu Plains Reserve (Reserve) you agree to be bound by the following Balnarring Picnic Racing Club (BPRC) Entry Terms & Conditions:
- Not to bring into the Reserve excessive quantities of alcohol and for the purposes of this restriction, the determination of “excessive quantities” shall be at the sole discretion of BPRC Officials and / or Victoria Police.
- To behave in an orderly, non-offensive, non-objectionable and safe manner.
- To engage or participate and to ensure that others in your company engage or participate, in conduct which will not disturb or offend other attendees and which will not hinder or disrupt race day proceedings.
- Not to enter the course proper or parade areas for the movement of horses without appropriate authorisation.
- To observe and to ensure that others in your company observe all laws and regulations relating to the possession and consumption of alcohol including the prohibition on the use of beer funnels and any similar apparatus which may lead to the excessive consumption of alcohol.
- To consent to the recording of your likeness and/ or voice by any means and to the commercial exploitation of your images by the BPRC and its commercial partners without compensation.
- To observe the Rules of Racing of Racing Victoria which may be inspected at www.racingvictoria.net.au
- To observe all reasonable directions of BPRC Officials, Victoria Police, Racing Stewards and other Racing Victoria Officials.
Without prejudice to any other rights which the BPRC may have, that if you contravene any of these Entry Terms & Conditions you may:
- (a) Be refused entry to the Reserve.
- (b) Be required by BPRC Official and/or Victoria Police to provide your name, address, and photograph and other relevant personal information.
- (c) Be ejected from the Reserve by a BPRC Official and / or Victoria Police.
- (d) Have your admission ticket confiscated and / or cancelled without refund or recompense.
- (e) Have legal action taken against you in connection with such contravention.
- If a meeting is abandoned before Race 1 a full refund is payable to paying customers on presentation of their tickets to the Secretary’s Office within an hour of the abandonment of the meeting. Country Racing Victoria’s (CRV’s) Customer Service is responsible for issuing refunds in respect of tickets issued by CRV.
- If a meeting is abandoned between Races 1 and 2, 50% of admittance fee is refundable to paying customers on presentation of their tickets to the Secretary’s Office within an hour of the abandonment of the meeting.CRV’s Customer Service is responsible for refunding tickets issued by CRV.I
- If a meeting is abandoned after Race 2 – No refund is payable
- If a meeting is abandoned before Race 1 race sponsors may either accept a full refund of their sponsorship or take a replacement sponsorship at a future Race meeting
- If a meeting is abandoned after Race 1 race sponsors of abandoned races are offered a replacement sponsorship at a future race meeting.
Marquee Hire / Reserved Spaces / Shared Facilities
- If a meeting is abandoned before Race 1 customers who have reserved Marquee Sites, Roped Off Areas or Picnic Tables may either accept a full refund of their reservation fee or a replacement reservation at a future race meeting.
- If a meeting is abandoned after Race 1 no refund will be payable and the Club is not obliged to but may at its discretion offer a replacement reservation at a future race meeting.
- The refund of any equipment supplied with a marquee hire is subject to the consent of the hire company supplying the equipment.
All refunds are made at the option of the customer/sponsor/hirer who may elect to decline a refund or to accept a similar entitlement at a subsequent race meeting.
Terms & Conditions for the use of Hospitality Facilities.
As a hirer of a Marquee Site, Roped Off Area or Picnic Table (Shared Facility) I agree to the following:
- To ensure that all attendees at the Shared Facility abide by the Entry Terms & Conditions which may be inspected at www.balnarringraces.com
- To confine the activities of attendees to the allocated Shared Facility and I acknowledge the right of the Racing Club to reallocate a reservation according to demand and anticipated use.
- To provide the name, address, telephone number and email address of the person responsible for overseeing the provision of service and conduct of all attendees at the Shared Facility and who will be the contact point required by Racing Club Officials and Victoria Police.
- To ensure that guests and visitors to the Shared Facility comply with all relevant laws and observe the regulations relating to the responsible service and consumption of alcohol.
- To never allow minors to consume or possess alcohol within the Shared Facility.
- To respect the Racing Club facilities and surrounds
- To observe all reasonable directions of Racing Club Officials, Victoria Police, Racing Stewards and other Racing Victoria Officials.
- To hire any marquee infrastructure and associated equipment only through a contractor approved by the Racing Club.
- To indemnify the Racing Club against any liability for or in respect of any claims, demands, actions, suits or proceedings, costs, expenses, loss, damage, injury or death of any person arising out of or in connection with the conduct of any attendee at the Shared Facility
- That these Terms & Conditions are subject to the Racing Club Refund Policy which may be inspected at www.balnarringraces.com
Social Media Policy.
Social media offers the opportunity for people to gather in online communities of shared interest and create, share or consume content.
Balnarring Picnic Racing Club recognises the benefits of social media as an important tool of engagement and enrichment for its staff, industry participants and customers.
Balnarring Picnic Racing Club and the racing industry have long histories and are highly respected organisations. It is important that our Club’s reputation is not tarnished by anyone using social media tools inappropriately, particularly in relation to any content that might refer to the organisation.
When someone clearly identifies their association with Balnarring Picnic Racing Club, and/or discusses their involvement in the organisation in this type of forum, they are expected to behave and express themselves in ways that are consistent with our Club’s stated values and principles.
This policy applies to all Members and employees of Balnarring Picnic Racing Club and, contractors, secondees to Balnarring Picnic Racing Club from other organisations, volunteers and to any other person who is notified that this Policy applies to them.
If you are officially authorised to represent Balnarring Picnic Racing Club in social media, identify yourself as a Club employee, Committee member or volunteer or are discussing Balnarring Picnic Racing Club or racing related issues in your personal use of social media platforms, you are required to follow this Policy.
What is “social media”?
“Social media” is user generated content online including (but not limited to):
- social networking sites e.g. Facebook, MySpace, Bebo, Friendster
- video and photo sharing websites e.g. Flickr, YouTube
- micro-blogging sites e.g. Twitter
- weblogs, including corporate blogs, personal blogs or blogs hosted by traditional media publications
- forums and discussion boards such as Whirlpool, Yahoo! Groups or Google Groups , including racing and sports related forums (e.g. racingandsports.com.au or forum. thoroughbredvillage.com.au)
- online encyclopaedias such as Wikipedia
- any other web sites that allow individual users or companies to use simple publishing tools.
When can I officially represent Balnarring Picnic Racing Club in the social media?
To represent Balnarring Picnic Racing Club on a social media platform you must have approval from the Balnarring Picnic Racing Club Committee.
What are the general rules that apply?
Be mindful that any comments made on social media platforms, irrespective of privacy settings, are public remarks and can be copied, distributed and shared to a wider audience than intended.
Whether using social media in an official or personal capacity you are required to:
- disclose only publicly available information. You must not comment on or disclose confidential CRV information (such as financial information, future business performance, business plans, imminent departure of key executives)
- ensure that any content you publish is factually accurate and complies with Club policies, particularly those relating to confidentiality and disclosure
- ensure you do not post material that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, discriminatory or hateful to another person or entity, including Balnarring Picnic Racing Club its employees, its contractors, its partners, its participants, its competitors and/or other racing related individuals or organisations
- ensure you are not the first to make a Balnarring Picnic Racing Club announcement unless you have received the appropriate clearances and approvals
What happens if I breach this policy?
You may face disciplinary action, including verbal or written warning or, in serious cases termination of your services and/or membership with the Club. .
For Assistance and Further Information
Please contact the club Secretary at email@example.com