Entry Terms & Conditions.
By entering the Emu Plains Reserve I agree to be bound by the following Balnarring Picnic Racing Club Entry Terms & Conditions:
- To behave in an orderly, non-offensive, non-objectionable and safe manner.
- To engage or participate and to ensure that others in your company engage or participate, in conduct which will not disturb or offend other attendees and which will not hinder or disrupt race day proceedings.
- Not to enter the course proper or parade areas for the movement of horses without appropriate authorisation.
- To observe and to ensure that others in your company observe all laws and regulations relating to the possession and consumption of alcohol including the prohibition on the use of beer funnels and any similar apparatus which may lead to the excessive consumption of alcohol.
- To observe the Rules of Racing of Racing Victoria which may be inspected at www.racingvictoria.net.au
- To observe all reasonable directions of Racing Club Officials, Victoria Police, Racing Stewards and other Racing Victoria Officials.
Failure to observe these terms and conditions will expose you to the possibility of immediate removal from the Emu Plains Reserve at the complete discretion of any Racing Club Official, Racing Steward or Police Officer.
(Rev 11 Feb. 2018)
- If a meeting is abandoned before Race 1 a full refund is payable to paying customers on presentation of their tickets to the Secretary’s Office within an hour of the abandonment of the meeting. Country Racing Victoria’s (CRV’s) Customer Service is responsible for issuing refunds in respect of tickets issued by CRV.
- If a meeting is abandoned between Races 1 and 2, 50% of admittance fee is refundable to paying customers on presentation of their tickets to the Secretary’s Office within an hour of the abandonment of the meeting.CRV’s Customer Service is responsible for refunding tickets issued by CRV.I
- If a meeting is abandoned after Race 2 – No refund is payable
- If a meeting is abandoned before Race 1 race sponsors may either accept a full refund of their sponsorship or take a replacement sponsorship at a future Race meeting
- If a meeting is abandoned after Race 1 race sponsors of abandoned races are offered a replacement sponsorship at a future race meeting.
Marquee Hire / Reserved Spaces / Shared Facilities
- If a meeting is abandoned before Race 1 customers who have reserved spaces may either accept a full refund of their reservation fee or a replacement space reservation at a future race meeting.
- If a meeting is abandoned after Race 1 no refund will be payable and the Club is not obliged to but may at its discretion offer a replacement space reservation at a future race meeting.
- The refund of any marquee or equipment hire fees is not the responsibility of the Club and is a matter to be resolved entirely between the customer and the hirer
All refunds are made at the option of the customer/sponsor/hirer who may elect to decline a refund or to accept a similar entitlement at a subsequent race meeting.
Social Media Policy.
Social media offers the opportunity for people to gather in online communities of shared interest and create, share or consume content.
Balnarring Picnic Racing Club recognises the benefits of social media as an important tool of engagement and enrichment for its staff, industry participants and customers.
Balnarring Picnic Racing Club and the racing industry have long histories and are highly respected organisations. It is important that our Club’s reputation is not tarnished by anyone using social media tools inappropriately, particularly in relation to any content that might refer to the organisation.
When someone clearly identifies their association with Balnarring Picnic Racing Club, and/or discusses their involvement in the organisation in this type of forum, they are expected to behave and express themselves in ways that are consistent with our Club’s stated values and principles.
This policy applies to all Members and employees of Balnarring Picnic Racing Club and, contractors, secondees to Balnarring Picnic Racing Club from other organisations, volunteers and to any other person who is notified that this Policy applies to them.
If you are officially authorised to represent Balnarring Picnic Racing Club in social media, identify yourself as a Club employee, Committee member or volunteer or are discussing Balnarring Picnic Racing Club or racing related issues in your personal use of social media platforms, you are required to follow this Policy.
What is “social media”?
“Social media” is user generated content online including (but not limited to):
- social networking sites e.g. Facebook, MySpace, Bebo, Friendster
- video and photo sharing websites e.g. Flickr, YouTube
- micro-blogging sites e.g. Twitter
- weblogs, including corporate blogs, personal blogs or blogs hosted by traditional media publications
- forums and discussion boards such as Whirlpool, Yahoo! Groups or Google Groups , including racing and sports related forums (e.g. racingandsports.com.au or forum. thoroughbredvillage.com.au)
- online encyclopaedias such as Wikipedia
- any other web sites that allow individual users or companies to use simple publishing tools.
When can I officially represent Balnarring Picnic Racing Club in the social media?
To represent Balnarring Picnic Racing Club on a social media platform you must have approval from the Balnarring Picnic Racing Club Committee.
What are the general rules that apply?
Be mindful that any comments made on social media platforms, irrespective of privacy settings, are public remarks and can be copied, distributed and shared to a wider audience than intended.
Whether using social media in an official or personal capacity you are required to:
- disclose only publicly available information. You must not comment on or disclose confidential CRV information (such as financial information, future business performance, business plans, imminent departure of key executives)
- ensure that any content you publish is factually accurate and complies with Club policies, particularly those relating to confidentiality and disclosure
- ensure you do not post material that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, discriminatory or hateful to another person or entity, including Balnarring Picnic Racing Club its employees, its contractors, its partners, its participants, its competitors and/or other racing related individuals or organisations
- ensure you are not the first to make a Balnarring Picnic Racing Club announcement unless you have received the appropriate clearances and approvals
What happens if I breach this policy?
You may face disciplinary action, including verbal or written warning or, in serious cases termination of your services and/or membership with the Club. .
For Assistance and Further Information
Please contact the club Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org